The perils of working from home or even just simply running your own business and being your own boss is time management. This week i’ve been thinking alot of my DMO Daily Method of Operation and how I can make this more effective around all my other tasks ie. Home, mum and animal duties. The reason I work for myself and would never go back into my 9-5 is that I have the quality of life to walk in the woods in the morning with my dog after the school run, then crack on with my working day then fit in some excercise however even though this sounds like a relaxed adgenda if it’s not strategically planned it will never all be covered and mot of all the day enjoyed to how it should be! There’s not point in running your own business if everything is left to the last part of the day and then your relax time is taken up with chores like accounts, client tasks etc. Believe me I have been there on quite a few occasions finishing off a design job at 2am telling myself off as to why i’m not more organised!
So here’s my adgenda that allows me to work to my optimum:
Just before I go to sleep I write a list of the 6 most important tasks that need to be completed the next day. Somehow this does seem to get embedded into your subconscious mind during the night helping you wake up focused on the tasks ahead!
1. Write down 10 things, people, places, items, animals, anything I’m grateful for right now at this moment. I start my day with gratitude because it’s the only way I will remember how successful I am right at this moment in time.
2. Write down what I will feel like when I’m a millionaire. Seriously. I do this every single day.
3. Ask myself, what is the most important thing I can do today that will make a difference in my business. What is the task that will make a difference today. Just one task.
4. Ask myself what I’ve accomplished that has made a difference and repeat that process. I reflect on what I did that made a difference and I act upon it. The adage, rinse and repeat is definitely a part of the process.
5. Work on one project and get it completed – no ifs ands or butts, just completed. Whatever that project is, it must be finished by the end of my work day.
6. Check email once per day – SERIOUSLY. I open it. Answer it. Close it.
7. Turn off my texting capabilities on my phone. No texts. No interruptions. No phone calls. Just working on my business to create success.
7. Create Value – learn from the BEST. Implement. Find out what works for me and I write about it. Right now, my goal is 30 blog posts in 30 days with valuable content. What’s your valuable contribution?
8. Product Creation. I spend at least an hour a day working on my product. Don’t have a product? What are you good at? What can you do that will help others? What have you learned that you have implemented and that has worked for you? Here’s something you may want to consider about what you’re learning….***If you have signed a NON-DISCLOSURE agreement I would highly recommend you not disseminating any information you are not allowed to…just a thought.
9. Create one ad. Place one ad.
10. Tune into my primary company and learn something I didn’t know. At least an hour a day is spent learning a new or ongoing topic/subject that will help me to understand this business of network marketing so that when I implement I do so with knowledge and foresight.
11. Write down all of my accomplishments daily. Even my food. What I eat, where I go, what I do. Journaling helps me to create a better daily method of operation by reflecting on what I did and how long it took, what it did to make me money in my business and what was a drain on my time.
12. Visualize my success. Visualize speaking on stage to a very large audience. Visualize what I will be wearing, what I will be saying, how I will be conveying the information I have inside of me to those who are seriously interested in taking their business to that next level. Yes, you will be seeing me on stage.